Páginas

segunda-feira, 1 de outubro de 2012

Christina Aguilera Is Happy to Be a 'Fat Girl' Now

Her records have sold more than 50 million units worldwide, and now pop star Christina Aguilera is owning her power – and her saucy curves
In a new interview with Billboard, she says she is no longer dealing with music label detractors who bemoan her size. "You are working with a fat girl. Know it now and get over it," Aguilera, 31, said she told her record label as she recorded her upcoming album, Lotus, due in November. (Her first single from the disc is called "Your Body.") "They need a reminder sometimes that I don't belong to them. It's my body."Recalling the promotion of her 2002 albumStripped, The Voice judge said she was tired of being "toothpick thin," adding that she's of Ecuadorian heritage and not some "skinny, blue-eyed white girl." "The next time my label saw me, I was heavier, darker and full of piercings," Aguilera recalled, adding that she gained about 15 lbs. during the Stripped tour much to the chagrin of her label. "Let me tell you, that wasn't an easy pill for them to swallow." "They called this serious emergency meeting about how there was a lot of backlash about my weight," she told Billboard. "Basically, they told me I would affect a lot of people if I gained weight – the production, musical directors." Now, the 5'1 singer, who said in January that she "love[s] my body," explained: "My body can't put anyone in jeopardy of not making money anymore. My body is just not on the table that way anymore."

PEOPLE 207705_NightOut-468x60

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário